Can I do it?
Most likely you can. Since you are checking out hiking tours on Kauai, you probably already have some experience. We are guessing that you will be able to find a Kauai hike that fits your interest and ability levels. We hope that it is one that we offer.
How difficult are the hikes?
Any reasonably fit person will be able to complete one or more of Kauai Nature Tours hikes we provide. We commonly adjust each of our hikes to accommodate the varying hiking abilities levels of our hikers. After all, the idea of a hike is to enjoy the amazing environmental settings we have on Kauai and allow you the opportunity to learn as much as possible as you explore. Please note the rating we provide for terrain and distance for each hiking tour in order to determine which trip best suits your ability and interests. For additional information please call, toll free at 888-233-8365, to speak with one of us.
How Much does it cost?
Our day educational hiking excursions run from $135.00 to $165.00 for adults and $100.00 to $135.00 for children ages 7 to 12. For more information check out the rating and price page.
What is included in the trip price?
The following are included in the trip price:
– Transportation – provided to the various trail heads; depending on your Kauai location, we either pick you up or arrange a convenient rendezvous.
– Lunch – A healthy deli-style offering that can be carried in a day pack. (see below)
– Gear – Backpacks (lightweight-day), Towels
– AND – A memorable educational experience about the unique cultural and natural history of our beautiful isolated Hawaiian island.
Who will be guiding the trip?
Our guides are naturalists with extensive knowledge in geology, botany, anthropology and environmental science, especially with respect to the Hawaiian Archipelago. They share their knowledge generously, ensuring that your trip is an extraordinary adventure. Learn a little about your guide by clicking here!
What should I bring?
If you have a favorite day pack, bring it! For protection from the sun we recommend a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. Depending on which hike you choose, a swim suit is a good idea, but not necessary. Certainly, a camera with a large-capacity memory card would be a fine addition.
What is the group size?
By design, our groups are kept small. We hike with groups ranging from four to ten people.
What Type of Footwear?
We recommend that you wear comfortable, yet sturdy shoes for hiking Kauai’s trails, some of which are rugged and sometimes very slippery. Running shoes are OK, but light weight hiking boots are recommended owing to better ankle and arch support. We realize that boots take up a large portion of your suitcase, however, if you own hiking boots and plan on hiking while visiting the island, we believe that they are the way to go!
The following food is provided on our excursions:
– Lunch – Our lunches are first rate. We have sandwiches catered by DA’LI Deli in Old Koloa Town. They use only fresh ingredients. If you have any dietary requirements, e.g., vegetarian, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
– Drinks – Bottled water.
– Snacks – Granola Bars, Fresh Fruit.